Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cheesy Stuffed Squash Boats

My son begged me for squash at the grocery store this week. I explained it was not a banana, but he insisted I buy it, so then I had to figure out how to cook it so he would eat it. He absolutely loves anything with cheese.

4 squash
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup grated reggiano
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning

Preheat oven at 425.

Cut each of the squash in half length wise and scoop out the inside leaving a shell approximately 1/4 inch. Chop the insides coarsely and place in a small bowl.

Combine all the ingredients setting aside a small amount of cheese for a nice cheesy topping.

Place the mixture into your squash boats and top with remaining cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy.

No comments: